Good morning and happy match day!!! It is currently 2pm as I type this from 30,000 feet on my JetBlue flight to Aruba for a much-needed vacation!
Of course, the first day of this vacation comes at the same time as the first Wednesday night match of the MLS season as RSL visits Yankee Stadium. NYCFC are the first team to have a Double Gameweek this season, so MLS Fantasy managers should strongly consider bringing the maximum number of players (4) into their lineups.
Therefore, we decided to put together a quick list ranking which players we believe should be in your lineups this round!
- GK: Sean Johnson - Guaranteed to start both matches. Should pick up at least 1 clean sheet.
- MID: Maxi Moralez - Started both matches each time NYCFC had double duty in 2017.
- FWD: David Villa - ONLY IF HE STARTS ON WEDNESDAY. Otherwise, drop him from your lineup.
- DEF: Maxime Chanot - Should start both matches at centerback. The most fantasy-productive NYCFC defender thus far in 2018.
- MID: Jesus Medina - Medina is your high-upside pick for the weekend, although his floor is a bit lower if RSL park the bus and hold NYCFC to only one goal (or a clean sheet).
5a. MID: Yangel Herrera - Herrera is your high-floor pick if you are feeling a bit more cautious. He will play a bit further back if Alex Ring remains on the bench as he recovers from injury. Should pick up a bunch of bonus points this round.
- Alexander Callens - Hasn't lived up to his 2017 form from a bonus-point perspective, however he's a great pick if you decide to go with a very defensive NYCFC lineup in Round 7 (1GK, 2DEF, 1MID)
- Ismael Tajouri - If David Villa doesn't start Wednesday and you favor an NYCFC attack-heavy fantasy lineup, include Tajouri as your switcheroo.