What’s up MLS Fantasy managers?! The final week of the MLS Fantasy 2018 spring season is upon us, and Round 21 continues the trend of midweek matches as Minnesota United FC hosts a short-staffed New England Revolution.
As usual, we’ve taken stock of both squads this week in order to put together some DGW Power Rankings. With Cristian Penilla, Luis Caicedo, and Antonio Delamea all suspended for Wednesday’s match followed by a tough trip to Red Bull Arena on Saturday, we’re strongly favoring Minnesota players this week… but there is still some New England value to be had for managers feeling bold.
We’re targeting a range of 4-5 players on double-duty for our lineup this weekend – here’s where we rank them!
DGW Power Rankings
1) Darwin Quintero - FWD, MNU - Can't deny the form. Put the Captain's armband on him.
2) Diego Fagundez - MID, NER - With so many absences, he's going to have to do it all on Wednesday.
3) Ibson / Rasmus Schuller - MID, MNU - I'm a big proponent of having one high-floor D-MIDs on DGWs. Flip a coin.
4) Miguel Ibarra - MID, MNU - High upside hit-or-miss pick here, keep him on your bench as a switcheroo.
5) Bobby Shuttleworth - GK, MNU - The superior GK pick this week. Decent shot at a clean sheet on Wednesday, will face a lot of shots during the weekend. Start him on your bench in a switcheroo, paired with a Robles or a Gleeson.
6) Wilfried Zahibo - MID, NER - Pretty much guaranteed for 180 minutes this week. Pick him if you're looking for a defensive midfielder and don't want to overload on Minnesota players.
7) Francisco Calvo - DEF, MNU - Not too optimistic about Minnesota's clean sheet chances, but he's the best bonus point option on that back line.
8) Cristian Ramirez - FWD, MNU - Showed signs of life last week against RSL. Decent switcheroo pick if you want to add a 4th Minnesota player.